- Business Administration, Finance & Accounting, or any other relevant subject.
- At least 3 years
- At least 3 years of relevant experience with managing medium- to large-sized organizations or international non-governmental organizations, USAID, or other donor agencies.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience working with a professional accounting firm or CA course.
- Adequate knowledge of Bangladesh Tax and VAT requirements for INGO and different kinds of items and procurements
- Practical knowledge of coordinating with the NGO Affairs Bureau for project approval, fund clearance, annual reports, audit reports, overseas visits, and other purposes.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of the governance and administrative structures in Bangladesh.
- Knowledge of Bangladesh legislation and policies related to INGO operations in the country.
- Excellent English and Bangla language skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in written Bengali and spoken English.
- Computer literate with skills in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to undertake in-country travel as and when required.
Responsibilities & Context
Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, founded in 1973 at Baltimore, Maryland, USA with the mission to create and deliver transformative health care solutions that save lives. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, Jhpiego builds health providers’ skills and develops systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Since inception, Jhpiego worked to save lives and improve health has reached people in more than 150 countries worldwide. Currently, it runs active programs in more than 35 countries across the globe.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. We will shortlist on rolling basis. Thank you for your understanding.
Department / Project: Finance & Operations
Type of Contract: Contractual
Number of Position: N/A
Job Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring country operation is fully complied with NGOAB requirements, manage the overall activities related to NGOAB approval of new and ongoing projects, responsible for project audits in compliance with NGOAB & NBR and handle local government VAT & Tax compliance.
Main duties & responsibilities:
Overall coordination with NGO Affairs Bureau for project approval, fund clearance, annual report, audit report, abroad visit and other purpose. Main responsibilities are:
- In coordination with Jhpiego’s country office in Dhaka ensure the submission of Foreign Donation (FD) project applications to the NGO Affairs Bureau (NGOAB) are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation of new project FD-6, budget, and other annexes.
- Preparation of FD-6 submission including other associated NGOAB FD forms.
- Ensure timely submission of fund release request with NGOAB prescribed FD Forms.
- Preparation and submission of revise FD-6, budget including periodical extension.
- Assist management and the program implementation team to collect Local Authorities Certificate.
- Ensure all interim and final reports (annual, project completion or any other ad-hoq requirement by NGOAB of both completed and ongoing projects are submitted to NGOAB in a timely manner.
- Provide regular status updates on the NGOAB requirements and assist with trouble shooting any problems.
Overall responsibility to facilitate external audit, statutory audit, and coordinate with Auditor for timely audit completion and ensure timely submission of audit report to NGO Bureau. Other main responsibilities are:
Follow up and support with NGOAB audit reports for both finished and ongoing projects as per NGOAB deadlines for audit report submission.
- Preparation of FD-4 and Consolidated audit accounts including annexes.
- Preparation of FD-4 audit tax & VAT schedule.
- Support to all kinds of audits and complete the local governments mandatory consolidated audits (NBR) in a timely manner.
- Assist management to draft the audit responses including follow-up queries.
Overall responsibilities to oblige Tax and VAT compliance as per Government rules and other compliances. Main responsibilities are:
- Ensure Jhpiego staffs and specially program managers are regularly updated on policy developments impacting INGO operations in the country including regulations relative to programme implementation, and administrative rules and regulations.
- Ensure monthly tax and VAT reporting to the NBR including preparation of summary sheet, treasury challan, and depositing to Govt. treasury.
- Ensure preparation and submission of Mushak 6.6 to the vendor.
- Ensure preparation and submission of withholding tax deduction certificate to the vendor.
- Ensure preparation and submission of periodical tax return and certificate.
- Any other duty as requested by the Supervisor.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Analyze and compare the existing statutory laws regarding the regulation of NBR and NGOAB in Bangladesh.
- Critically examine the requirement and ensure document submission.
- FD-6 approval.
- FD fund approval.
- A project extension was submitted.
- Tax and VAT deposited.
- Tax and VAT reports were submitted.
- Audit completed
Compensation & Other Benefits
Salary Range: As per Jhpiego Salary Grade
To apply for this job please visit Specialist%20(Audit,%20Compliance,%20and%20Government%20Liaison).