Website Swisscontact Bangladesh
- At least 15 years
- Exceptional understanding of the Inclusive System Development (ISD) approach and prior experience with its application in complex development contexts.
- Experience in various technical assistance, capacity building, grants tools, and de-risking facilities to introduce innovative financial products and services that cater to the growth demand of MSME agribusinesses, smallholder farmers, and rural communities.
- Experience in establishing sustainable partnerships and market linkages between financial intermediaries (e.g., banks, wholesale lenders, MFIs, insurance providers, and NBFIs—digital financial service providers) and the private sector (agri-businesses/ag-MSMEs, business incubators/accelerators, and other value chain actors) to design, pilot, and scale up demand-driven and private sector-led financial solutions that unlock capital for smallholder farmers, agribusinesses, youth, women, and marginalized groups in climate vulnerable context.
- Experience in collaborating with financial institutions to enhance their capacity to develop financial products for climate resilience and adaptation, such as financing for climate-smart agriculture, agro-tech, climate-tech innovation, and nature-based solutions.
- Experience in assisting the financial sector in developing blended finance instruments that leverage public and international funding to mobilize private sector investment at scale into agri-businesses and rural communities.
- Experience working with the regulator to advocate new policies for private sector actors to create financial instruments incentivizing insurance companies and other service providers to provide risk mitigation services to underserved areas and populations (e.g., microinsurance, loan guarantees, portfolio guaranty, credit enhancements, risk-sharing agreements, and other innovative instruments).
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with national governments, private sector entities, industry clusters, sectoral associations, and community stakeholders in developing contexts and managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple partner institutions.
- Proven leadership in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating donor-supported programs of comparable size and complexity, with skills in high-level strategic visioning and leadership.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- An advanced degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in economics, business administration, finance or investment, international development, or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience in development at a senior program management level, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- At least 8 years’ developing country work experience.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to the Code of Conducts of SDC and Swisscontact and related policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Context
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and forward-thinking team leader, with hands-on experience in working on enterprise development and microinsurance programs to lead a team of sharp professionals, drive innovations, and make a lasting impact. The preferred candidate should be process-focused and people-oriented, with strong analytical and social skills. Experience of working in Asia will be an asset.
The position is open to both national and international candidates.
Employment start: 01 April 2024
Contract duration: Initial contract of one year with options to extend up to three years.
Major Tasks: The main function of the position is to ensure the delivery of the program according to the Project Document and Business Plans approved by the SDC. The Team Leader also acts as the key spokesperson for SDC and to the relevant ministries and agencies of the Government of Bangladesh (GoB).
The detailed responsibilities of the Team Leader are:
- Project Management and Implementation
- Maintain donor liaison and stakeholder relationships and overall financial and operational oversight.
- Ensure that the technical direction of the program is geared towards achieving the desired impact.
- Ensure that the program and its partners achieve results against the set milestones.
- Ensure overall monitoring and reporting to SDC against the set targets.
- Develop and implement a structured and systematic performance monitoring and review framework for the partner implementers and determine course corrections based on the review outcome.
- Establish an adaptive program management process to ensure appropriate utilization of resources and maximum achievement of results.
- Supervise the execution of various research to inform SDC on the future pilot initiatives for microinsurance market development.
- Lead insurance context monitoring in Bangladesh in both regulatory and development areas and engage with SDC, re-insurers, GoB counterparts and other development partners for strategic dialogues.
- Provide suggestions for any revision in the program and inform SDC about the strategic course correction, if needed.
- Led the program team to execute a knowledge management process for the program, periodically documenting and disseminating the learnings.
- Ensure timely submission of the technical and financial reports to SDC and GoB regulators according to the agreed reporting schedule.
- Define strategic partnerships with insurance companies and other relevant private sector companies and ensure their buy-ins in the program.
- establish an effective working relationship with the implementing partners under different components of this program and ensure a shared understanding of the program’s vision and objective among all of them.
- Engage and develop working relationships with concerned GoB agencies like the Insurance Development & Regulatory Authority, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Fisheries & Livestock, Department of Livestock Services (DLS), Department of Agriculture Extension (DAE) in consultation with SDC.
- Maintain regular coordination/exchange with similar projects, donor alignment and multi-lateral agencies.
- Participate and represent the program and Swisscontact in national and international meetings and seminars related to microinsurance development in general and in Bangladesh specifically.
Staff Management and Capacity Building
- Mentor and coach the program staff to build their capacities on various technical and management issues pertinent to the program.
- Create a learning environment within the program team and develop and implement a structured staff capacity development plan.
- Assure coherent team structure with staff from diverse backgrounds and skill sets for effective implementation of the program activities.
- Maintained operational and administrative procedures in line with Swisscontact corporate and country manual to manage the program.
- Ensure that yearly budgets for the overall program are developed and approved on time, and quarterly budget forecasts are made and updated based on quarterly progress.
- Ensure the resources are spent effectively, transparently, and according to the approved budget.
- Ensure that agreed accounting standards and procedures are followed.
- Maintain financial controlling instruments (monitoring and reporting) according to the Swisscontact Internal Control System.
- Ensure that all financial reports to the donor and the GoB are accurate and submitted timely.
- Ensure that all expenditures are made in compliance with Bangladesh’s applicable laws.
Read Before Apply
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents: a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae, and a list of three (3) referees. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Application Deadline: Open until the right candidate has been identified and contracted by Swisscontact.
To apply for this job please visit hotjobs.bdjobs.com.